Dr NG Michael, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong
Terms of Reference
Powers and duties of members of the Committee:
- To help the Director decide on the activities, programmes and priorities of the Centre.
- To advise the Faculty on any matter relating to the Centre which the Faculty Board refers to it or on which the Committee considers it appropriate to advise the Faculty Board.
- To promote, individually and collectively, the holding of seminars, conferences, the obtaining of outside funding, the conduct of research and teaching and the establishment of programmes within the Centre’s areas of activity.
- To advise the Director on the appointment of members of the Advisory Board, Fellows, Visiting Professors, Visiting Scholars, Postgraduate Student Fellows, Undergraduate Student Fellows, Research Fellows, Research Assistants, Secretaries, and other positions.
- To co-opt such additional members as the Committee considers appropriate.
- To delegate to the Director any of these powers and the performance of any of these duties.
The Director shall serve as Chairman and shall call meetings of the Committee when it is necessary.
1. The Director
2. Ex-officio members:
- Dean of the Faculty of Law
- Associate Dean for China Affairs
- Associate Dean for Research
- Chairperson of the Advisory Board
3. Additional member appointed by the Dean on the Recommendation of the Director.
4. Additional members co-opted by the Committee.
- Michael HOR, Professor and Dean, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong
- Albert CHEN, Chan Professor of Constitutional Law, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong
- Hualing FU, Professor of Law, Associate Dean for China Affairs
- Simon YOUNG, Professor of Law, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong
- Guanghua YU, Professor of Law, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong
- Xianchu ZHANG, Professor of Law, University of Hong Kong
- Yun ZHAO, Professor of Law, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong