Publications and Conference Papers of Academic Members (2009-2010)
- Albert Chen, Johannes Chan, Alice Lee, Angelina Luk, General Principles of Hong Kong Law (Hong Kong: Joint Publishing (HK) Co Ltd, 2009).
- Thomas Cheng, ‘The Limitations of Convergence of Competition Law’, UCL/IMEDPIA Workshop 2009.
- Thomas Cheng, ‘Competition Law Enforcement in Hong Kong’, East Asian Economic Law Symposium, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan, February 2009.
- Thomas Cheng, ‘Private Enforcement ― Recent Development in China and Hong Kong”, 3rdInternational Conference on Competition Law and Policy, Athens, Greece, May 2009.
- Thomas Cheng, ‘Recent Development in Competition Law in Hong Kong’, East Asia Economic Law Conference, National University of Kaohsiung, Taiwan, November 2009.
Johannes MM CHAN
- Albert Chen, Johannes Chan, Alice Lee, Angelina Luk (eds), General Principles Of Hong Kong Law(Hong Kong: Joint Publishing (HK) Co Ltd, 2009).
- J.M.M. Chan, ‘Civil And Criminal Procedure And The Law Of Evidence’, in Albert Chen, Johannes Chan, Alice Lee, Angelina Luk (eds.), General Principles Of Hong Kong Law (Hong Kong: Joint Publishing (HK) Co Ltd, 2009).
- J.M.M. Chan, ‘Legal System’, in Albert Chen, Johannes Chan, Alice Lee, Angelina Luk (eds.), General Principles of Hong Kong Law (Hong Kong: Joint Publishing (HK), 2009).
- Xianchu Zhang and Weixia Gu (eds.), Legal Development and Interaction in Greater China (Hong Kong: China Review Academic Press, 2009) (in Chinese).
- Weixia Gu, ‘Judicial Review over Arbitration in China: Assessing the Extent of Latest Pro-Arbitration Move by the Supreme People’s Court in the People’s Republic of China’, Wisconsin International Law Journal, 27 (2009), 221-269.
- Weixia Gu, ‘Cross-border Review of Arbitral Awards: Lessons and Convergence between Two Jurisdictions in China’ (in Chinese), Jurists Review (Renmin University Law Review), 22(4) (2009), 106-118.
- Weixia Gu, ‘The Changing Landscape of Arbitration Agreements in China’, New York International Law Review, 22(2) (2009), 1-56.
- Weixia Gu, ‘Civil Justice Reform in Hong Kong’, Korean Civil Justice Conference, Yonsei University, Seoul, June 2009.
- Weixia Gu, ‘New York Convention in Greater China’, Annual Cross-strait Conference, Macau University, Macau, November 2009.
- Weixia Gu, ‘Public Policy under New York Convention: Regional Difference and Convergence’,Mutual Legal Assistance Conference, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, December 2009.
- Weixia Gu, ‘China’s Arbitration: Restricted Reform’, Conference on The Development of the Chinese Legal System: Change and Challenges, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, December 2009.
- Weixia Gu, ‘Securities Dispute Resolution in China’, HKU-PKU Conference, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, December 2009.
- Jing Leng, ‘Commercial Regulatory Reform in China during Transition: An Alternative Path to the Regulatory State’, in John Gillespie and Albert H Y Chen (eds.), Legal Reforms in China and Vietnam: A Comparison of Asian Communist Regimes (New York: Routledge, 2010).
- Jing Leng, ‘Regulating Disclosure in Cross Border Listing between Mainland China and Hong Kong’, presented at the 24th IVR World Congress (Theme: ‘Global Harmony and Rule of Law’), organized by the China Law Society (CLS) in collaboration with the International Association for Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy (IVR), 15-20 September 2009, Beijing .
- J.S.W. Lin, ‘Private Actors in International and Domestic Emissions Trading Schemes’, in D. Freestone and C. Streck (eds.), Legal Aspects of Carbon Trading: Kyoto, Copenhagen and beyond(Oxford: United Kingdom, Oxford University Press, 2009).
- J.S.W. Lin, ‘Supporting Adaptation in Developing Countries at the National and Global Levels’, in B. Richardson, S. Wood, H. McLeod-Kilmurray and Y. Le Bouthillier (eds.), Climate Law and Developing Countries: Legal and Policy Challenges for the World Economy (UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2009).
- J.S.W. Lin, ‘The Clean Development Mechanism in Southeast Asia’, in K.L. Koh, L.H. Lye and J. Lin (eds.), Climate Change and the Kyoto Protocol: Asia and the World (World Scientific Press, 2009).
- J.S.W. Lin, ‘Creating a Market for Clean Air: The Air Pollution Control (Amendment) Ordinance 2008’, Hong Kong Law Journal, 39 (2009), 269-284.
- J.S.W. Lin and C. Streck, ‘Mobilising Finance for Climate Change Mitigation: Private Sector Involvement in International Carbon Finance Mechanisms’, Melbourne Journal of International Law, 10 (2009), 70-101.
- J.S.W. Lin, ‘The Rise of Administrative Law in Singapore’, in Administrative Law and Practice from South to East Asia (Jakarta, Indonesia: Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Foundation, 2009).
- J.S.W. Lin, ‘China, International Law and Climate Change’, 88th Annual Meeting of the American Branch of the International Law Association, 22-24 October 2009, New York City.
- J.S.W. Lin, ‘Climate Change and Global and Environmental Governance’, The European Union, 13 November 2009, Faculty of Law, University of Edinburgh.
- J.S.W. Lin, ‘The Role of Courts and Adjudicative Bodies in Climate Change Governance’, Asia Pacific Centre of Environmental Law (APCEL), Faculty of Law, 3 March 2010, National University of Singapore.
- Qinglan Long, ‘Reinterpreting Chinese Property Law, Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal, 19 (2009), 55-72.
- Haochen Sun, ‘Toward a Public Trust Doctrine in Copyright Law’, 2009 Intellectual Property Scholars Conference, Cardozo School of Law, New York, USA, 6 August 2009. The conference was co-sponsored by the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology, Boalt Hall School of Law; the Center for Intellectual Property, Law and Information Technology, DePaul College of Law; and the Stanford Program in Law, Science and Technology, Stanford Law School.
- Yan Xu, ‘Reforming Value Added Tax in Mainland China: A Comparison with the EU’, Revenue Law Journal, 20(1) (2010), Article 4.
- Yan Xu, ‘Green Taxation in China: A Possible Consolidated Transport Fuel Tax to Promote Clean Air?’, Fordham Environmental Law Review, 21 (2010), 295-343.
- Yan Xu, ‘Putting the “Value Added” in China’s VAT’, Tax Notes International, 58 (2010), 487-497.
- Yan Xu, ‘No Taxation without Representation? China’s Taxation History and Its Political-Legal Development’, Hong Kong Law Journal, 39 (2009), 515-540.
- Yan Xu, ‘China’s Taxation Law History’, in Yang Yifan (ed.), Legal History of People’s Republic of China (Social Sciences Academic Press, 2009) (in Chinese).
- Guanghua Yu, ‘The Role of Mortgages: A Case for Formal Law’, Journal of Contract Law, 26 (2009), 45-67.
- Guanghua Yu, ‘Adaptive Efficiency and Economic Development in China: The Definition and Enforcement of Property Rights’, Research of Institutional Economics (a journal of the Economic Research Centre of Shandong University), 2 (2009), 212-240.
- Guanghua Yu, ‘Adaptive Efficiency and Economic Development in China: The Definition and Enforcement of Property Rights’, Australian Journal of Asian Law, 11 (2009), 82-112.
- Guanghua Yu, ‘Damages Rules in Tort Law: Back to the Corrective Justice Principle’,http://www.civillaw.com.cn of Renmin University School of Law, 15 April 2009.
- Guanghua Yu, ‘The Role of Mortgages: A Case for Formal Law’, The Annual Conference of the Association for Law, Property and Society, co-sponsored by Syracuse University College of Law and Georgetown University Law Centre, Washington D.C., USA, 5-6 March 2010.
- Guanghua Yu, ‘Adaptive Efficiency and Economic Development in China: The Definition and Enforcement of Property Rights’, The 4th International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, organized by the Common Ground and the University of Athens, Greece, 8-11 July 2009.
- Guanghua Yu, ‘Rational Law Making and Efficient Enforcement: An Analysis of the Derivative Action System’, a lecture delivered at the School of Law of Renmin University, 3 March 2009
- Guanghua Yu, ‘Teaching and Research in Hong Kong’, a lecture delivered at the School of Law of Zhejing Wanli College, May 2009.
- Yun Zhao, ‘Current legal status and recent development in Hong Kong law and its relevance to pacific rim space law and activities’, Journal of Space Law, 35 (2009), 599-614.
- Yun Zhao, ‘Reflection on the finality of panel’s decisions in domain names dispute resolution process, with reference to China’s practice’, The John Marshall Journal of Computer & Information Law, 26 (2009), 395-414.
- Yun Zhao, Gary Soo and Dennis Cai, ‘Better ways of resolving disputes in Hong Kong ― some insights from the Lehman-Brothers related investment product dispute mediation and arbitration scheme’,Journal of International Business & Law, 9 (2010), 137-152.
- Yun Zhao, ‘A legal regime for space tourism: creating legal certainty in outer space’, Journal of Air Law and Commerce, 74 (2009), 959-982.
- Yun Zhao, ‘Commentary on Selected Critical Issues in Outer Space Law’, Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (Social Science Edition), 23 (2010), 42-48 (in Chinese).
- Yun Zhao, ‘Reflection on the Finality of Panel’s Decisions in Domain Name Dispute Resolution Process, with Reference to China’s Practice’, John Marshall Journal of Computer & Information Law,26 (2009), 395-413.
- Yun Zhao, ‘A Legal Regime for Space Tourism: Creating Legal Certainty in Outer Space’, Journal of Air Law and Commerce, 74 (2009), 959-998.
- Yun Zhao, ‘The 2002 Protocol on Space Cooperation between China and Brazil’, Chinese Yearbook of Space Law, (2008), 4-21 (in Chinese).
- Yun Zhao, ‘’The Establishment of Legal Rules on Space Tourism’, Space Law Review, 2-3 (2009), 19-36 (in Chinese).
- Yun Zhao, ‘’Research on Legal Issues in Delay in Civil Aviation’, Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (Social Science Edition), 22(1) (2009), 43-51 (in Chinese).
- Yun Zhao, ‘China’s New Labour Dispute Resolution Law: A Catalyst for the Establishment of A Harmonious Labour Relationship?’, Comparative Labour Law and Policy Journal, 30(2) (2009), 409-430.
- Yun Zhao, ‘Current Legal Status and Recent Developments in Hong Kong Law and Its Relevance to Pacific Rim Space Law and Activities’, Pacific Rim National Space Law Summit and Live Blogcast, The National Center for Remote Sensing, Air, and Space Law, The University of Mississippi, Hawaii, USA, 20-21 May 2009.
- Yun Zhao, ‘Article 4 of the Outer Space Treaty and Peaceful Use of Outer Space’, Workshop on Legal Issues of Cooperation and Development in International Aviation Industry Under Financial Crisis, Beihang University and Depaul University, Beijing, 27 May 2009.
- Yun Zhao, ‘Domain Name Dispute Resolution in Greater China’, The 3rd Symposium on Interregional Legal Issues in China, Chinese Society of Private International Law, Guangzhou, 6 June 2009.
- Yun Zhao, ‘WTO and Developing Countries’, 4th International Conference on Law in the Changing World, Faculty of Law, Thammasat University, 9 December 2009.
- Yun Zhao, ‘Liberalization of Telecommunications Services in China’, The Development of the Chinese Legal System: Change and Challenges, Faculty of Law, The University of Hong Kong, 10-11 December 2009.
- Yun Zhao, ‘Liberalization of Legal Services in Greater China’, The 2nd Interregional Criminal Law Forum, HKU, Hong Kong, 18-19 December 2009.
- Yun Zhao, ‘Changing Rules, Technologies and Legal Strategies: A Discussion with the Law Maker, Legal Practitioner and Technology Professional, e-Discovery and Digital Forensics’, LexisNexis, Hong Kong, 20-21 July 2009.
- Ge Zheng, Chinese Translation of A. Mitchell Polinsky’s An Introduction to Law and Economics(Beijing: Law Press China, 2009).
- Ge Zheng, ‘Culture, Development and National Regional Autonomy: Tibet Issue in the Context of PRC Constitutional Law’, Journal of Legal and Economic Studies, 11 (2009).