You will receive a soft copy of the student invoice in mid-September by way of an e-mail attachment to your @connect.hku.hk e-mail account from the SIS, which is the balance of the first instalment, and pay the sum specified on or before the invoice due date. Students who have provided their mobile phone numbers in the SIS will receive a SMS message in parallel. The soft copy of the student invoice is also available for download through the SIS in HKU Portal.
You must take note of the following important points:
- You must ensure that you input the correct “Bill Account No.” as specified in the student invoice when making payment, and you should also retain a copy of the transaction advice produced from the bank machines (or acknowledgement of bank payment reference number if using internet banking) as proof of payment.
- Payment-by-Phone Service (PPS) is not applicable for new students making first-time fee payment. Please refer to the instructions at the end of the student invoice for other payment methods.
- A student is liable to pay the annual composition fee even though he/she withdraws from studies later in the academic year.
- University fees, once paid, cannot be refunded.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to pay fees by the due date, you must contact the Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS) before the due date to apply for permission to defer payment.
- A student who has not paid his/her fees within 30 days after the due date shall be de-registered and shall be prohibited from using University facilities and services. To subsequently re-instate student status, the student will have to pay a surcharge of 10% of the outstanding fees, or $500, whichever is the lesser. The student may additionally be required to compensate the University for any loss of interest for any late payment or non-payment of fees.
Posted in: Other Important Matters