Bachelor of Arts, Yale University (1999)
Juris Doctor, Harvard Law School (2002)
Bachelor of Civil Law, University of Oxford (2003)
Member of New York State Bar
Member, Chairman of Competition Policy Committee, Hong Kong Consumer Council
Member, Telecommunications (Competition Provisions) Appeal Board, HKSAR Government
Member, Administrative Appeals Board, HKSAR Government
Member, Registration of Persons Tribunal, HKSAR Government
Member, Energy Advisory Committee, HKSAR Government
Member, Committee on Slot Complaints, HKSAR Government
Non-governmental advisor, International Competition Network
Member, Executive Board, ASCOLA
Member, Academic Board, Asian Competition Forum
1. The Patent-Competition Interface in Asia: A Regional Approach, in
INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH HANDBOOK IN COMPETITION LAW (Ariel Ezrachi ed.) (Edward Edgar Publishing 2012) (forthcoming).
2. The Patent-Antitrust Interface in Developing Countries, in
COMPETITION LAW AND DEVELOPMENT (D. Daniel Sokol, Thomas Cheng & Ioannis Lianos eds.) (Stanford University Press 2012) (forthcoming).
3. Culture and Antitrust, in THE GLOBAL LIMITS OF ANTITRUST (Ioannis
Lianos & D. Daniel Sokol eds.) (Stanford University Press 2012) (forthcoming).
4. Convergence and Its Discontents: A Reconsideration of the Merits of
Convergence of Global Competition Law, 12(2) Chicago Journal of International Law 433-490 (2012).
5. The Lifting of Corporate Veil Doctrine in Hong Kong: An Empirical,
Comparative, and Development Perspective, 40(3) Common Law World Review
6. Compulsory Licensing of Intellectual Property in Competition Law, in
KOMMUNIKATION: FESTSCHRIFT FÜR ROLF H. WEBER ZUM 60. GEBURTSTAG 427-37 (Rolf Sethe, Andreas Heinemann, Reto M. Hilty, Peter Nobel & Roger Zäch eds.) (Stämpfli Verlag AG Bern 2011).
7. The Corporate Veil Doctrine Revisited: A Comparative Study of the
English and the U.S. Corporate Veil Doctrines, 34(2) Boston College International and Comparative Law Review 329-412 (2011).
8. Form and Substance of the Doctrine of Piercing of Corporate Veil,
80(2) Mississippi Law Journal 497-584 (2010).
9. Competition Law Enforcement in the Television Broadcasting Sector in
Hong Kong: Past Cases and Recent Controversies, 33(2) World Competition
(2010) 317-43 (nominated for the journal’s Young Writers’ Award).
10. Recent Development in Competition Law in Hong Kong, 8 Hokkaido
Journal of New Global Law and Policy 189-96 (2010) (translated into Japanese).
11. Striking a Balance between Competition Law Enforcement and Patent
Policy: A Developing Country’s Perspective, in THE EFFECTS OF ANTI-COMPETITIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES ON DEVELOPING COUNTRIES AND THEIR DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS 633-59 (Hassan Qaqaya & George Lipimile eds.) (UNCTAD 2008).
12. A Tale of Two Competition Law Regimes—The Telecom-Sector Competition
Regulation in Hong Kong and Singapore, 30(3) World Competition 501-526
(2007) (nominated for the journal’s Young Writers’ Award).
Specialized Areas: Competition Law