Bachelor of Arts, Yale University (1999)
Juris Doctor, Harvard Law School (2002)
Bachelor of Civil Law, University of Oxford (2003)
Member of New York State Bar
Member, Hong Kong Competition Commission
Member, Business Facilitation Advisory Committee
Member, Advisory Board, American Antitrust Institute
Member, Executive Board, Academic Society for Competition Law
Member, International Advisory Board, Institute for Consumer Antitrust Studies
Member, Academic Steering Committee, Concurrences Antitrust Writing Awards
Member, Advisory Board, Journal of Antitrust Enforcement
Member, Advisory Board, China Antitrust Law Journal
1. Cartels in Asia (with Burton Ong and Sandra Marco Colino), Kluwer Law & Business (2015).
2. Competition Law and Development (with D. Daniel Sokol and Ioannis Lianos), Stanford University Press (2014).
3. Competition and the State (with D. Daniel Sokol and Ioannis Lianos), Stanford University Press (2014).
1. Announcing the Death of Colgate: The Form and Substance of Vertical Price Fixing Agreements, 20 University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law ___ (2018) (forthcoming).
2. A Consumer Behavioral Approach to Resale Price Maintenance, 12(1) Virginia Law & Business Review 1-92 (2017) (nominated for the Concurrences Antitrust Writing Awards 2018 in the Concerted Practices category).
3. Sherman vs. Goliath: Tackling the Conglomerate Dominance Problem in Emerging and Small Economies—Hong Kong as a Case Study, 37 Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business 35-105 (2017) (nominated for the Concurrences Antitrust Writing Awards 2018 in the Concerted Practices category).
4. A Neglected Theory of Harm: Joint Ventures as Facilitators of Collusion Across Markets (co-authored with Kelvin Kwok), 5(3) Journal of Antitrust Enforcement 434-57 (2017) (one of two finalists for the Concurrences Antitrust Writing Awards 2017 in the Concerted Practices category).
5. The PRC NDRC Case Against Qualcomm: A Misguided Venture or Justified Enforcement of Competition Law?, 5(1) Journal of Antitrust Enforcement 76-99 (2017).
6. Antitrust Treatment of No Challenge Clauses, 5(2) NYU Journal of Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law 437-512 (2016) (winner of the Best Antitrust and Intellectual Property Article in the Jerry S. Cohen Memorial Fund Writing Award 2016 and one of two finalists for the Concurrences Antitrust Writing Awards 2017 in the Intellectual Property category).
7. Aggregate Concentration: An Study of Competition Law Solutions (co-authored with Michal Gal), 4(2) Journal of Antitrust Enforcement 282-321 (2016).
8. Regulating Abuse of Superior Bargaining Position under the Japanese Competition Law: An Anomaly or a Necessity? (co-authored with Masako Wakui), 3(2) Journal of Antitrust Enforcement 302-33 (2015) (one of two finalists for the Concurrences Antitrust Writing Awards 2016 in the Asian Antitrust category).
9. An Economic Analysis of Limited Shareholder Liability in Contractual Claims, 11(1) Berkeley Business Law Journal 113-181 (2014).
10. Introduction of Competition and Environmental Regulation in the Electricity Sector in Hong Kong (co-authored with Jolene S. Lin), 37(4) World Competition 569-600 (2014).
11. Putting Innovation Incentives Back in the Patent-Antitrust Interface, 11(5) Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property 385-439 (2013).
12. A Developmental Approach to the Patent-Antitrust Interface, 33(1) Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business 1-79 (2012).
13. Convergence and Its Discontents: A Reconsideration of the Merits of Convergence of Global Competition Law, 12(2) Chicago Journal of International Law 433-490 (2012).
14. The Corporate Veil Doctrine Revisited: A Comparative Study of the English and the U.S. Corporate Veil Doctrines, 34(2) Boston College International and Comparative Law Review 329-412 (2011).
15. Form and Substance of the Doctrine of Piercing of Corporate Veil, 80(2) Mississippi Law Journal 497-584 (2010).
16. Competition Law Enforcement in the Television Broadcasting Sector in Hong Kong: Past Cases and Recent Controversies, 33(2) World Competition 317-43 (2010) (nominated for the journal’s Young Writers’ Award).
Specialized Areas: Competition Law