I. Publications in English
(1) Butterworths Hong Kong Patents Handbook, 2nd edition (LexisNexis, Hong Kong, 2011).
(2) Imitation to Innovation in China: the Role of Patent in Biotechnology andPharmaceutical Industries (Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK, Northampton, MA, USA, 2010).
(3) International and Comparative Intellectual Property: Law, Policy and Practice, bilingual edition (LexisNexis Butterworth, Hong Kong, Singapore, 2005).
(4) Annotations to Patent Ordinance (Cap 514), Reissue (LexisNexis Butterworth, 2010).
(5) Intellectual Property: Registered Designs and Patents, in Halsbury’s Laws of Hong Kong, Volume 15(2), Reissue (LexisNexis Butterworth, 2010).
(6) Intellectual Property: Trade Marks, Copyright and Plant Varieties Rights, in Halsbury’s Laws of Hong Kong, Volume 15(3), Reissue (LexisNexis Butterworth, 2010).
(7) Intellectual Property: Trade Marks, Copyright and Plant Varieties Rights, in Halsbury’s Laws of Hong Kong, Volume 15(3) (LexisNexis Butterworth 2005).
Journal Articles and Book Chapters:
(8) “Intellectual Property and Public Health: Two Sides of the Same Coin”, Vol. 6, No. 2, Asian Journal of WTO & International Health Law and Policy (September 2011).
(9) “Transplantation and Transformation: 30-Year Development of China’s IP System” in G. Yu (ed.), The Development of the Chinese Legal System: Change and Challenges (Routledge, London and New York, 2010).
(10) “Internet Technology and Intellectual Property Protection,” Proceedings of Symposium on i-Management – Challenges and Opportunities” (IET Hong Kong and IEEE Hong Kong, 2008), pp 1-10.
(11) “Human Gene Patenting and Its Implications to Medical Research”, P. Yu (ed.), Intellectual Property and Information Wealth (Praeger, Westport, Connecticut, London, 2007), pp 347-376.
(12) “Intellectual Property Protection for e-Business Methods,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on E-Commerce Technology for Dynamic E-Business (Washington, Brussels, Tokyo, IEEE Computer Society Press, 2004), pp 362-365.
(13) “An Overview of Patent Protection for Biotechnology in Hong Kong”, in F. Chan and R. Wu (eds.), Law for Practitioners Series 2003 (Sweet &Maxwell, 2004), pp 27-47.
(14) “Utility Model in China”, in C. Heath and A. K. Sanders (eds.), “Industrial Property in the Biomedical Age – Challenges for Asia”, (Kluwer Law International, 2003), pp. 257-268.
(15) “Pushing for Greater Protection: the Trend of Chinese Software Industry and the Implications for the Rule of Law in China,” U. Penn. J. of Int’l Eco. L., Vol. 23:4, 2002, pp. 637-661.
(16) “The Wolf Had Come: Are China’s Intellectual Property Industries Prepared for the WTO?” UCLA Pacific Basin Law Journal, Vol. 20:1, Fall 2002, pp. 77-112.
(17) “Regional Integration for the International IPRs System: East Asia’s Response,” in H. Liu & PX Gong (eds.), Asia & Legal Development in the 21th Century (Nanjing Normal University Press, 2001), pp.1412-1444.
(18) “The Law-making Law: a Solution to the Problems in the Chinese Legislative System?” 1 Hong Kong Law Journal (2000), pp. 120-140.
(19) “The Legislative Autonomy of the Localities and its Impact on the Relations between the Centre and the Periphery,” China Perspectives (French Center for Research on Contemporary China), No. 32, Nov./Dec. 2000, pp. 13-21.
(20) “The Central-HKSAR Legislative Relationship: A Constitutional Assessment,” in Raymond Wacks (ed), The New Legal Order in Hong Kong (Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press, 1999), pp. 163-182.
(21) “Hong Kong”, in Cheryl Saunders (ed), The Asia-Pacific Constitutional Yearbook 1997 (Melbourne: Center for Comparative Constitutional Studies, 1999), pp. 57-74.
II. Publications in Chinese
(22) American Torts Law 《美国侵权法》(Beijing: Law Press法律出版社, 1998).
Journal Articles and Book Chapters:
(23) “Reflections on the Centennial History of Transplantation and Transformation between Chinese and Western Copyright Laws (百年中西版权法嫁接与融合历史之思考),” Journal of Legal and Economic Studies《洪范评论》, 2011, Vol. 13, forthcoming.
(24) “Intellectual Property Law （知识产权法）”,，in Bin Liang and Hong Lu (eds.), Book Series on Western Research in the Humanities and Social Sciences: Jurisprudence《西方人文社科前沿述评》(Beijing: China Renmin University Press, 2011, forthcoming)
(25) “The Concepts of Property in Common Law: Comments on Relevant Issues in the Drafts of PRC Law over Things （普通法中财产权的分类与性质：兼谈我国《物权法》中的相关问题）” Hong Fan Legal and Economic Studies《洪范评论》, 2008, Vol. 10.
(26) “The Fate of Harvard Mouse: The Trend of International Patent Protection and China’s Choices （哈佛鼠的命运：国际专利发展的趋势与中国的选择）,” Journal of Science - Technology and Law, 《科技与法律》No. 2, 2006, pp 26-29.
(27) “Legislation, Jurisprudence, and Judicial Practice in Copyright Laws: A Comparative Analysis between China and the United States”, American Law Review《美国法通讯》, Vol. 1, 2003 (Law Press法律出版社, Beijing), pp.128-146.
(28) “A Revelation of American Presidential Election: Party Politics & Judicial Independence （从美国总统大选看政党政治和司法独立）,” Twenty-first Century 《二十一世纪》 (The Institute of Chinese Studies, CUHK), No. 32, Nov./Dec., 2000, pp. 72-80.
(29) “Cultural Dilemma in Transplanting Western Legal System to China: Comments on William Alford’s Book, To Steal A Book Is An Elegant Offense: Intellectual Property Law in Chinese Civilization（西法中移的文化困惑：《偷书不算偷：中华文明中的知识产权法》评介”, 60 Peking University Law Review 《中外法学》, No.6, 1998. pp 110-116.
(30) “Problems with the Construction of Legislative Institutions in China （中国立法体制建构的几个问题）”, Twenty-first Century 《二十一世纪》 (The Institute of Chinese Studies, CUHK), No. 47, June 1998.
(31) “Thoughts on the Central-Local Legislative Relationship in Transition Period （对转型时期中央与地方立法关系的思考）,” Chinese Legal Sciences《中国法学》, No.1, 1996;
(32) “Comments on Section 301 Proceedings of the United States （美国301程序的评介）,” Modern China Studies, 《当代中国研究》No.3, May 1994;
(33) “Legal Thoughts in Hobbes’Leviathan （霍布斯《立维坦》中的法律思想）”, in W. Zhou (ed) Introduction to Western Legal Works 《西方法学名著评介》(Liaoning People’s Press, 1986).
(34) Guest Editor for the Special Issue on Intellectual Property Law, Journal of Legal and Economic Studies《洪范评论》, 2011, Vol. 13, forthcoming
(35) American Criminal Adjudicative System 美国刑事审判制度 (ed.) (Beijing: Law Press, 1999)
(36) American Company Law《美国公司法》(ed.) (Beijing: Law Press, 1999)
(37) American Contract Case Law 《美国合同判例法》 (ed.) (Beijing: Law Press, 1999)
(38) American Bankruptcy Law《美国破产法》 (ed.) (Beijing: Law Press, 1999)
(39) American Property Law 《美国财产法》 (ed.) (Beijing: Law Press, 1999)
(40) American Securities Law《美国证券法》(ed.) (Beijing: Law Press, 2000)
(41) American Banking Law 《美国银行法》 (ed.) (Beijing: Law Press, 2000)
(42) General Principles of Hong Kong Law 《香港法概论》 (co-eds) (Hong Kong: Joint Publishing Ltd, 1999).
III. Other publications (news paper articles, case studies, etc.)
(43) “Hong Kong and Innovation香港与创新”, Mingpao (明報), Column section, A29, 6 May 2010.
(44) J. Lu, W. Shan, Y. Li, Z. Tao and P. Chan, “Viagra in China: A Prolonged Battle over Intellectual Property Rights”, Asia Case Research Center, the University of Hong Kong, 2010.
(45) J. Lu, W. Shan, Y. Li, Z. Tao and P. Chan, “Foxconn V BYD (A): Commercial Espionage or Learning by Hiring?” Asia Case Research Center, the University of Hong Kong, 2010.
(46) J. Lu, W. Shan, Y. Li, Z. Tao and P. Chan, “Foxconn V BYD (B): Strategic Approach to Intellectual Property Management in Emerging Markets,” Asia Case Research Center, the University of Hong Kong, 2010.
(47) Chinese Preface to the book by Jack Davies（中文版前言）, Legislative Law and Process 《立法法与程序》(published by West Publishing Company, reprinted by Law Press as West Nutshell Series 美国法精要影印本, Beijing, 2005).
(48) “Patent protection in China”, an interview published in Alex Ortolani, “More companies are trying to be product innovators rather than just imitators,” The Wall Street Journal, April 7, 2005.
(49) “An Unforgettable Mentor难忘的老师” (in Chinese), in Li Guilian (ed.), Searching for the Sources of Traditional Chinese Legal Theories: a Collection of Articles in Memory of Professor Zhang Guohua, 《传统中国法理探源：张国华教授八秩冥寿纪念集》(Beijing University Press, 2004), pp35-37.
(50) Rushing for patent on SARS virus", an interview published by Singtao Daily, 2003
(51) “The past and present of Jurisprudence Studies in China,” Hong Kong Globe, Nov. 3, 2000, A5
(52) “On the Decision to Put Off the Passage of the Bankruptcy Law（对破产法不付表决的议论之议论）”, Chinese Legal News (中国法制报), Oct. 27, 1986.