Associate Professor of Law
Master of Laws (LLM), Harvard Law School
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), The University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Laws (LLB), The University of Hong Kong
Barrister of the High Court of the Hong Kong SAR (non-practising)
609, Cheng Yu Tung Tower
Faculty of Law
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road, Pokfulam
- Kapai P., The Hong Kong Equal Opportunities Commission: Calling for a New Avatar, (2009) Hong Kong Law Journal,Vol. 39(2) pp. 339 – 359.
- Kapai P., The Same Difference: Protecting Same-Sex Couples Under the Domestic Violence Ordinance, (2009) 4(1) Asian Journal of Comparative Law, Article 9, pp. 237-269.
- Kapai P., and Cheung A.S.Y., Hanging in a Balance: Freedom of Expression and Religion, (2009) 15 Buffalo Human Rights Law Review.
- Kapai P., The New Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights: An Effective Mechanism for Justiciability? (2008) 2 Soochow Law Journal, 83-112.
- A Cheung & P Kapai, In Search of a Balance Between Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion, (2008) 2 Shantou University Law Review 236-277 (in Chinese).
Book Chapters & Commissioned Reports
- Kapai P., “The Doctrine of Substantive Equality and the Democratisation of Diversity” (M Kearney (ed.) From Conflict to Recognition: Moving Multiculturalism Forward, Inter-Disciplinary.net, (forthcoming, September 2010).
- Kapai P., “Building Inclusive and Just Societies: the Role of Deliberative Theory and Substantive Equality” (Asian Legal Institute Working Paper Series, National University of Singapore (forthcoming, October 2010).
- Kapai P., Multiple Influences: Courting Culture in the Doctrine of Undue Influence, in Kapai P., (ed.), Reciprocity in Contract, Hochelaga Lecture Series 2009, Faculty of Law,The University of Hong Kong (forthcoming, November, 2010).
- Kapai P. Minority Women: A Struggle for Equal Protection Against Domestic Violence, in Beverley Baines, Daphne Barak-Erez, Tsvi Kahana (eds.), International Feminist Constitutionalism, (Cambridge University Press: forthcoming, 2010).
- Kapai P, Legislation and Government Schemes: India, China, Singapore, Japan and Hong Kong SAR, in Community Business Asia (NGO), Ageing Workforce in Asia, (May 2010) (chapter contribution).
- Kapai P. The Right to Freedom of Religion in the Hong Kong SAR, in Johannes MM Chan & Lim Chin Leng (eds.), Hong Kong Constitutional Law, (forthcoming, 2010).
Books / Edited Volumes
- Kapai P., (ed.), Reciprocity in Contract, Hochelaga Lecture Series 2009, Faculty of Law,The University of Hong Kong (forthcoming, 2010).
- Kapai P. (ed.), Competition Law in the 21st Century, Hochelaga Lecture Series 2007, Faculty of Law, The University of Hong Kong (forthcoming).
- Kapai P. (ed.), The Ethics and Politics of Compassion and Capabilities, The Ethics and Politics of Compassion and Capabilities, Hochelaga Lecture Series 2005, Faculty of Law, The University of Hong Kong (2006).