Associate Professor of Law
Master of Laws (LLM), Harvard Law School
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), The University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Laws (LLB), The University of Hong Kong
Barrister of the High Court of the Hong Kong SAR (non-practising)
4/F, K K Leung Building
Faculty of Law
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road, Pokfulam
Conferences & Invited Lectures:
- Building Inclusive and Just Societies: the Role of Deliberative Theory and Substantive Equality, Asian Legal Institute Fellow's Seminar 2010, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore, 2010.
- Substantive Equality and the Democratisation of Diversities, South to South Regional Symposium on Constitution Building, “Constitutional Design for Diversity and Conflict” (organised by International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA) in partnership with the Non-Aligned Movement Centre for South - South Technical Cooperation), Jakarta, October 2009.
- Multiple Influences: Courting Culture In The Doctrine of Undue Influence, Reciprocity in Contract, Hochelaga Lectures, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong, 2009.
- Diversity and Multiculturalism in the Workplace, Corporate Social Responsibility in Asia, September 2009.
- Minority Rights and Public Interest Litigation in Asia, Public Interest Litigation in Asia, Centre for Comparative and Public Law, The University of Hong Kong, August 2009.
- The Right to Freedom of Religion in the HKSAR, Hong Kong Constitutional Law, Workshop, Faculty of Law, the University of Hong Kong, 2009.
- The Need to Reconceptualise Notions of Justice for Asian Women, International Scholars Research Workshop: University of New South Wales, Sydney, February 2009.
- The Need to Reconceptualise Notions of Justice for the Asian Woman, The Common Law Tradition in Asia, HKU-NUS-SMU Symposium, December 2008.
- The Intersectionality of Law, Religion, Culture and Family, Law X: Law and Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Law, HKU, October 2008.
- The New Optional Protocol to the ICESCR: An Effective Mechanism for Justiciability, Conference on International and Comparative Law 2008 Soochow University School of Law & Chinese Society of Comparative Law, Taipei, Taiwan, 2008.
- The Still Existing Influence of the Common Law on the Legal System of Hong Kong, Faculty of Law, University of Trier, May 2008.
- Legal Pluralism in Asia, University of North Carolina (upcoming, January 2011).
- God’s Laws in Caesar’s Courts: Delivering Justice through Deliberative Decision Making, Subjects Before the Law, Postgraduate Workshop, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland, September 2010.
- Diversity Mainstreaming and the Politics of Belonging: Addressing Diversity Through Law and Policy, Research Workshop on Understanding and Addressing Diversity in Hong Kong, 2010.
- The Doctrine of Substantive Equality and the Democratization of Diversities, 3rd Global Conference, Inter-Disciplinary.net: Multiculturalism, Conflict and Belonging, Mansfield College, Oxford, England, October 2009.
- The Challenge of Diversity: Minority Rights, Dignity and Liberal Democracies, Fourth International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences (2009), Athens, Greece, July 2009.
- Calibrating Fundamental Rights: An Impossible Choice for Religious and Cultural Minorities, International Feminist Constitutionalism, Queen's University, Kingston, Canada, February 2009.
- The Need to Reconceptualise Notions of Justice the Asian Woman, The Future of Asian Feminisms: Confronting Fundamentalisms, Conflict and Neoliberalism, Kartini Network Asia, November 2008.
- The Challenge of Diversity: Human Rights, Human Dignity and Liberal Democracies, 2008 Montreal Joint Meetings of CLSA and LSA, Law and Society Association, May 2008.
- Universal Human Rights? Problems, Politics and Prospects, Multiculturalism and the Law, Faculty of Law, University of Malaya, May 2008.
- Settling the Liberalism's Holy War Against the Holy (in Chinese), Law and Religion Conference, Beijing, November 2006 (with Dr. Anne Cheung).
- International Human Rights Law in the Asian Context, International Law Scholars Expert Meeting 2006, University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia, October 2006.
- The Internationalisation of Human Rights: Problems, Politics and Prospects, Asian Law Institute Conference 2006, Shanghai , May 2006.