Research Postgraduate Student Profile
Student Name: Ms GAO Li
Programme and Expected Completion Year: PhD, 2012
Thesis Topic: Promoting the Development of Green Technology in China: Making Patent Law an Environmental Instrument
Research Interests: Environmental Law; Patent Law
Working Papers & Publications:
- Li Gao, “Exploring the ‘Real’ Obstacle to Implementing the ‘Polluter-Pays Principle’: Taking the Hong Kong Case as a Touchstone” in Critical Issues in Environmental Taxation Volume VII , (New York: Oxford University Press, 2009).
- Li Gao, “Review of Regulating Land and Pollution in China: Lawmaking, Compliance, and Enforcement; Theory and Cases” (2009) 39(1) Hong Kong Law Journal.
- Li Gao, co-translator of Internal Affairs (Chinese Version), (Beijing: Central Compilation & Translation Press, 2004).
- Li Gao, “The International Law for Protection of the Outer Space Environment”, International Conference on Environment and Resources Law Proceeding, Wuhan, 2003.
Education & Awards:
PhD Candidate (focus on environmental law and patent law)
Faculty of Law, The University of Hong Kong
Master of Law (major in environmental law)
School of Postgraduates, China University of Political Science and Law (CUPL), Beijing
Bachelor of Arts (major in legal English)
Foreign Languages Department, CUPL, Beijing
- Best Employee Award, General Administration of Customs of PRC, 2007.
- Award of Outstanding Performance in Promoting Legal Knowledge, General Administration of Customs of PRC, 2006.
- Excellent Dissertation Award, CUPL, 2004.
- Excellent Academic Performance Award, CUPL, 2004.
- First Prize Scholarship, CUPL, 2000.
- “Tsang Hin Chi” Scholarship, CUPL, 1999.
- Outstanding Student Leader Award, CUPL, 1998.
Professional Qualification: Lawyer Qualification Certificate, by Ministry of Justice, PRC (2002)
CV for download