When and how can I declare my specialisation? (Applicable to LLB students only)

You can declare your choice of specialisation, if any, via SIS of the HKU Portal and have it stated in the official academic transcript if you complete at least 36 credits of law electives in the following categories:

  • Chinese law
  • Commercial, corporate and financial law
  • International trade and economics law

Lists of courses in the respective categories are available in the Syllabuses.  Nonetheless, you should note that those courses will not be necessarily offered every year.  You can declare your choice of specialisation in the beginning of your third academic year.  Declaration made beyond the 1st semester of the fourth academic year will not be considered. 

Please also refer to “Student’s Quick Reference Guide on Major / Minor Declaration” (HKU Portal login required).

Posted in: Curriculum, Course Selection and Enrolment