Double Master Degree Arrangement (September 2021 Intake)
The Faculty of Law of the University of Hong Kong (HKU) and the School of Law of Peking University (PKU) would like to invite applications for the Double Master Degree Programme for its 2021-2022 entry.
Under this arrangement, student will be able to complete two master degrees in two jurisdictions in two to three years of time, depending on the study mode. Students have to complete their first year of study at PKU in Beijing as a full-time student; and then complete their second year (and/or third year) of study at HKU as well as fulfilling the requirement of dissertation and oral examination held at PKU.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
To be eligible for admission, a candidate shall:
- be a local Hong Kong student*; and
- hold a permanent Hong Kong Identity Card and Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents (港澳居民來往內地通行證), and
- be admitted to one of the LLM programmes offered by HKU's Faculty of Law in the September 2021 intake; and
- comply with the General Regulations of HKU and PKU.
*Applicants from Mainland China should approach PKU regarding this arrangement.
The medium of instruction and examination at PKU is Chinese (Putonghua and simplified Chinese); while the medium of instruction and examination at HKU is English.
For applicants who do not have a bachelor's degree with English as the medium of instruction are required to satisfy the English language proficiency on the basis of one of the following recognized English tests:
|TOEFL (Internet-based Test)||A score of 97 or above|
|TOEFL (Paper-based Test)||A score of 593 or above|
|IELTS||Band 7 or above with no subtest below 6.5|
ADMISSION DEADLINE (FOR THE SEPTEMBER 2021 INTAKE)
Applicants must complete the following instructions by 12:00 PM (HKT) of March 1, 2021 (Monday):
- Complete the online application for one of the HKU's LLM programmes; and
- Confirm your participation of this arrangement via email at email@example.com by including the information and documents below:
- Cover letter for application
- Your full-name
- Name of the LLM programme(s) applied
- Application number
Up to three (3) students in the academic year of 2021-2022.
For further information, please contact Miss Kathrynne Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org.