Pathway Programme with the University of New South Wales (UNSW)
This programme is designed for single LLB students who wish to start on an LLM programme with the University of New South Wales before the completion of the LLB programme. The maximum annual intake of each programme is two students.
Student admitted in this programme will spend their first three and a half years studying at HKU. In their second semester of the fourth year, they will study for their LLM at UNSW. Upon successful completion of all course requirements at HKU and UNSW, these students will be awarded the LLB from HKU and the LLM from UNSW. The curriculum structure is as follows:
|Year||No. of Credits|
|First Year||60 Credits|
|Summer Semester of the First Year||6 credits from Summer Learning Component|
|Second Year||60 Credits|
|Third Year||60 Credits|
|Fourth Year (Semester 1)||30 Credits|
|Fourth Year (Semester 2)||24 Advanced Standing Credits / LLM at UNSW|
|Fifth Year (Semester 1)||LLM at UNSW|
Information about the LLM at UNSW can be found at http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/future-students/postgraduate/programs/master-laws-llm.
All information regarding this programme may be subject to change without notice.
- LLB Year 3 students with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 at the time of application. Nominees should also have a minimum CGPA of 3.50 at the end of the semester prior to departure;
- Completed all totalling 216 credits including 6 credits from summer learning component, with all core courses successfully completed
Interested applicants should apply by submitting the following documents via email at email@example.com by 5:00 PM, February 1, 2021 (Monday).
- A Personal Statement of no more than 750 words (the contents of your personal statement should outline those features about yourself that distinguish you from other candidates and/or anything you feel is relevant to your application including highlights about your non-academic achievements) with your full name, university number, curriculum and year of study; and
- A copy of your academic transcript(s)
Students will pay only the fees of the institution at which they are studying. In other words, outgoing HKU student will pay HKU tuition fees for the first four years, and UNSW tuition fees in the second LLM semester.
- For further information about your HKU LLB degree and study plan, please contact the Outgoing Exchange Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information about the admissions process, please contact UNSW via this webpage https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu.au/ask-question.