Pathway Programme with King’s College London(KCL)
This programme is designed for single LLB students with a maximum annual intake of three students. They will spend their first three years studying at HKU. In their fourth year, they will study for their LLM at KCL.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements at HKU and KCL, the students will be awarded the LLB from HKU and the LLM from KCL. The curriculum structure is as follows:
|Year||No. of Credits|
|First Year||60 Credits|
|Summer Semester of the First Year||12 Credits from Summer Learning Component|
|Second Year||72 Credits|
|Third Year||72 Credits|
|Fourth Year||24 Advanced Standing Credits / LLM at KCL|
Information about KCL’s Master of Laws (“LLM”) Programme can be found at: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/master-of-laws-llm.
Remark: All information regarding this programme may be subject to change without notice.
- LLB Year 2 students with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 at the time of application; while nominees should also have a minimum CGPA of 3.50 at the end of the semester prior to departure.
- Completed a summer programme offered by the University (can be in law or non-law subjects) in the summer vacation between the first and second year of studies.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting the following documents via email at email@example.com by 5:00 PM, February 1, 2021 (Monday).
- A Personal Statement of no more than 750 words (the contents of your personal statement should outline those features about yourself that distinguish you from other candidates and/or anything you feel is relevant to your application including highlights about your non-academic achievements) with your full name, university number, curriculum and year of study; and
- A copy of your academic transcript(s)
TUITION AND FEES
Students will pay only the fees of the institution at which they are studying. In other words, outgoing HKU student will pay HKU tuition fees for the first three years, and KCL tuition fees in the fourth year.
- For further information about your HKU LLB degree and study plan, please contact the Outgoing Exchange Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information about the admissions process, please contact KCL’s Postgraduate Admissions Team via this webpage https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/contact-us.