Double Master Degree Programme with Peking University (PKU) (2022 Entry)
HKU’s Faculty of Law and PKU Law School would like to invite applications for the Double Master Degree Programme for its 2022-2023 entry.
Under this arrangement, students will be able to complete two master degrees in two jurisdictions in two to three years, depending on the study mode. Students have to complete their first year of study at PKU in Beijing as a full-time student, and then complete their second year (and/or third year) of study at HKU and fulfil the requirement of dissertation and oral examination held at PKU.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
To be eligible for admission, a candidate shall:
- be a local Hong Kong student*; and
- hold a permanent Hong Kong Identity Card and Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents (港澳居民來往內地通行證), and
- be admitted to one of the LLM programmes offered by HKU Law under the September 2022 intake; and
- comply with the General Regulations of HKU and PKU.
*Mainland applicants should approach PKU School of Law for more details about this programme.
The medium of instruction and assessments at PKU is Chinese (Putonghua and simplified Chinese); while the medium of instruction and assessments at HKU is English.
For eligible candidates who are seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English, shall satisfy the University English language requirement. The Faculty accepts TOEFL and IELTS with the specific requirements as follows:
|TOEFL (Paper-based Test)||A score of 593 or above|
|TOEFL (Internet-based Test)||A score of 97 or above|
|IELTS||Overall Band 7 or above with no subtest below 6.5|
ADMISSION DEADLINE (FOR THE SEPTEMBER 2022 INTAKE)
Applicants must complete the following instructions by 12:00 PM (HKT) of February 28, 2022 (Monday):
- Complete the online application at https://aal.hku.hk/tpg/faculty/faculty-law and mail your supporting documents to us with the address shown below; and
LLM/MCL Admissions Team
10/F, Cheng Yu Tung Tower, Centennial Campus,
The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, HONG KONG
(Attn.: Ms Doris CHENG, Faculty of Law Office)
- Confirm your participation in this arrangement by attaching your application letter via email at with your full name, application number and programme applied on the email subject line [e.g., HKU-PKU Double Degree Programme – CHAN Siu-ming, 110xxxxxxx, LLM(MEL)]
Up to three (3) students in the academic year of 2022-2023.