Juvenile Justice: Sexting, Young People and the Law
Monday, 26 February 2018, 0945 – 1715
Academic Conference Room, 11/F., Cheng Yu Tung Tower,
The University of Hong Kong
The University of Hong Kong Faculty of Law is pleased to announce the Executive Course on Juvenile Justice: Sexting, Young People and the Law. The Course will comprise of one day of intensive interactive workshops (for a total of 5.5 hours). It will take as its focus the recent phenomenon of sexting, addressing young people’s perceptions and practices, what legal responses there have been to sexting and what legal and non-legal responses are appropriate. In doing so it will examine some of the fundamental issues at the core of juvenile justice and the criminalisation of young people’s behaviour, for example, the age of criminal responsibility, the presumption of doli incapax and the aims of the juvenile justice system. Attendees will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
The course will beled by Professor Thomas Crofts, Professor of Criminal Law atThe University of Sydney. Thomas is currently a Visiting Professor at HKU. Heis a graduate of University College London (LLB (Hons)), the BayerischeJuliu
- The fee for the Executive Course is HK$2,000 per person with CPD points, payable upon registration.
- Participants who do not required CPD points will be charged HK$1,000 per person, payable upon registration.
- Those wishing to attend the Executive Course should click HERE. Cheques should be made payable to “The University of Hong Kong” with your full name and telephone number written on the back of the cheque and sent to Ms. Winnie Law at Room 921, 9/F Cheng Yu Tung Tower, Centennial Campus, The University of Hong Kong.
- Registration will be completed upon the receipt of the course fee by the Centre for Comparative and Public Law and a confirmation email will be sent to you to advise you accordingly. Receipts for payment will be available for collection on the day of the course from the registration desk in the morning.
- No refund will be provided for any course fees paid once registration has been confirmed.
- We are currently applying to the Law Society of Hong Kong for CPD points for the course.
- Inquiries may be addressed to Ms. Winnie Law at email@example.com
** ALL ARE WELCOME **