I want to withdraw from my study in HKU. What should I do?


If you are contemplating withdrawal from your study, please consult your Academic Adviser or the administrative coordinator of your programme to discuss your options before doing so.

A student who wants to withdraw from the University officially must complete the “Withdrawal of Study” Form and return it to our General Office.  Upon withdrawal from the University, you are required to surrender the Student Registration Card and locker key (if any) to our General Office.  Only those who have completed the formal procedures for withdrawal and have settled all outstanding accounts will be entitled to receive a refund of caution money.

You should note that you are liable to pay the annual composition fee despite your withdrawal from studies at any time during the academic year.  Withdrawal from study does not remove the need to settle any outstanding financial payments or financial aid obligations due to the University or financial aid office(s).

Posted in: Other Important Matters